An instant favorite!
Everything came together so well in this one pan meal, quickly and easily, and a sure for wow your entire family!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (I used fire roasted)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- sliced avocado for serving (optional)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder.
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning.
- 2 tablespoons paprika.
- 2 tablespoons salt.
- 1 tablespoon black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper.
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme.
- 1 tablespoon onion powder.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil. Rub the chicken in the cajun seasoning. Cook over medium high heat until cooked throughout. Remove and set aside on a plate covered in foil.
- Add the rice, chicken broth, black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover for 20-25 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed. Add the chicken back to the pan and cover until the chicken is heated thought to 165 degrees. Garnish with fresh parsley and sliced avocado if desired.