Today, with a low tide in the afternoon, take a walk and see the sun color the beach by sunset. (EZM)
Tides are the rise and fall of sea levels caused by the combined effects of the gravitational forces exerted by the Moon and the Sun, and the rotation of the Earth. Tide tables can be used for any given locale to find the predicted times and amplitude.
What are the 4 types of Tides?
There is about a seven-day interval between springs and neaps.
- Spring tide: Sun and Moon on the same side (0°)
- Neap tide: Sun and Moon at 90°
- Spring tide: Sun and Moon at opposite sides (180°)
- Neap tide: Sun and Moon at 270°
- Spring tide: Sun and Moon at the same side (cycle restarts)
The highest tide in the world is in Canada.
The highest tides in the world can be found in Canada at the Bay of Fundy, which separates New Brunswick from Nova Scotia. The highest tides in the United States can be found near Anchorage, Alaska, with tidal ranges up to 40 feet
WE&P by EZorrilla.